Happy New Year readers! Well it’s been a while since I’ve written, my apologies (humble face).
I take it that the New Year is kicking in pretty well, you are all probably putting your goals ahead making ends meet and I wish you well.
So the other day I was hanging out with my friends at our local fundi’s store, which by the way happens to be my favorite hangout, modifying some dress into an off-shoulder elastic edge for my sister trying to make up for the Christmas gift I had failed to give to her. It was ravishing, you should have ‘met’ my creation.
Anyway, one of my fundis’ customers came to pick her Ankara dress and got so worried when she learned that the remaining piece of fabric could not make another outfit, not even a blouse for one of her black skirts back home, at least that’s how she put it. Then I thought to myself, “Aha! Just the perfect size for a head wrap.”
She gave me that “where are you getting at” type of look but I hesitated not. I showed her how she could make just the perfect turban for that outfit with the remaining fabric and she loved it. She couldn’t stop thanking me, but we all know about head wraps don’t we?
This brings us to the idea of turbans. Sophisticated isn’t it?
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that head wraps are more than just style. For some, they can be a little controversial for purposes of religion and fashion. However significant they are for other people’s religions, they’re surely a global style!
WHY HEAD WRAPS?
There are great ideas for your head wrap, remember, a fly head wrap can transform your look and ladies, this is a MUST HAVE in your wardrobe;
- Wraps are fashionable and will definitely accessorize your basic outfit, bringing out the sharp-chic look! It can amp up any outfit you pull
- They are cultural; they give you the African touch of style. Isn’t it great to belong to one of the most stylish cultures?
- Wraps will give you that identity whether bold or outgoing. You express yourself through fashion, you must know this already.
- It maintains a healthy tame hair, keeps it stylish and protected from the scorching sun; and
- They will save you from bad hair days. Sometimes you just don’t want to style your hair, could be the moods or just bad weather (ladies you feel me?)
If you’re going to do this, remember, style is a way of saying who you are without having to speak~ Rachel Zoe